The AgriLife Digital Education (ADE) professional service unit’s primary focus is learning and providing Texans with in-depth information on specific subjects with the goal of advancing research by delivering practical information in the form of educational products.
Through the creation of shared learning experiences, AgriLife Digital Education enhances the AgriLife mission by effectively developing and managing online educational resources and engaging in educational product strategy.
Who we are
AgriLife Digital Education is a team of professionals who create educational content and materials to support AgriLife leadership, faculty, and staff in reaching their goals.
Passion for top-tier education and cultivating opportunities for lifelong learning with AgriLife is what drives us to strive for excellence in the delivery and management of educational products.
What we do
Our unit is divided into two key areas – product development and business development. Our product development team offers product assessment and strategy through a team of educational product specialists (EPS), each with their own area of focus. We will continue to supply services related to publications, instructional design, and multimedia.
Our business development team supports platforms that aim to increase client engagement with a primary focus on enhanced user experience by building deliberate partnerships with a targeted focus on product strategy.
Our service catalog includes essential and exceptional services and details on product support and development to allow our unit to manage expectations and set the foundation for excellence in organizational support.
Key Team Roles and Teams
Educational Product Specialist
The EPS works closely with assigned units to assess and support the development of educational products and collaborate with the Marketing and Communications staff appointed into the same groups.
Key Areas of Focus
- Gathers’ information based on needs and best practices in the related content area
- Uses data to inform decision making and supply support
- Partners with the Learning and Organizational Development Manager, ADH/Program leaders, and Associate Director for assigned units.
Key Areas of Support
- Product assessment and strategy – including platform placement and strategy
- Main point of contact for clients in assigned areas related to product development services and process
Educational Product Development Team
Our product development team will be led by the Associate Director for Educational Product Development and our Learning and Organizational Development Manager. Areas of focus include educational products to support agency priorities and the AgriLife strategic plan through the product development process.
Key Areas of Support
Business Development Team
Our business development team will be led by the Associate Director for Business Development and includes systems management, eCommerce, and Customer support.
Key Areas of Focus
- Optimizing for mobile and desktop
- Increasing organic traffic, and SEO to drive site and page performance for the platforms that we manage including reporting and analytic capabilities
- Measuring metrics focused on increased enrollments and revenue generated from educational products
Key Areas of Support
- Brightspace LMS/AgriLife Learn platform
- Existing eCommerce solutions for AgriLife Learn (course catalog) and the bookstore warehouse
- Salesforce and Commerce Cloud (currently in implementation and migration that will take place through Fall 2021)
- ADE will continue to assess our services on an annual basis to ensure that we supply the support needed for our agencies and the college.
Extension Support Model
The AgriLife Digital Education professional service unit conducted an internal capacity assessment to evaluate and align the director-submitted proposed projects against staff workload capacity and physical resource capacity at the end of February 2021.
This planning process involves documenting and aligning projects for the calendar year with our partners. This process takes place on a bi-annual basis as outlined below to allow for strategic resource and support planning for the AgriLife Digital Education professional service unit.
Request for Services – Conditions
Bi-Annual Planning Process
Future educational product priority submissions will be gathered bi-annually from the ADH/Program leaders. Bi-annual meetings will be conducted and serve as strategic planning sessions for educational product development. This critical bi-annual planning process ensures the AgriLife Digital Education professional service unit can be proactive in our approach to supporting agency mission and priorities.
The prioritization process will continue to use the three-tier importance classification system used in Q1.
- Tier 1 classification: Elevated
- Tier 2 classification: Moderate
- Tier 3 classification: Low
Tiers will be filtered or categorized further by the specifications that were used in the calendar year 2021 Q1 process.
- Funding requirements
- Content readiness
- Agency alignment
The remaining dates for the 2021 bi-annual planning process are listed below.
- Calendar Year 2021: May 31, 2021 – June 11, 2021
- Calendar Year 2021: November 29, 2021 – December 17, 2021
Request for Services Form
The AgriLife Digital Education professional service unit partnered with AgriLife Marketing and Communications to provide a request for services form which allows the professional service units to identify requests that need immediate attention or require future planning in alignment with existing projects.
Form submission is not a guarantee of moving forward with product work.
For the AgriLife Digital Education unit, the form will allow clients to account for requests that arise outside of the bi-annual planning process and submissions will be evaluated by the ADH/Program Leaders.
Request for Services – Content & Change
Content Quality and Readiness
- All products need to be designed with the Universal Design for Learning framework in mind. Designing to UDL Guidelines provides the best experience for all of our learners.
- All content and interfaces need to be designed with ADA compliance requirements in mind.
- All content needs to have secured copyright information provided in or with the copyrighted content.
- All content needs to be accurate in that it is peer reviewed and referenced and reflects currently established work in its field.
- All content must have documented associated permission for use i.e., intellectual property rights, photo permissions, graphics permissions, etc.
To ensure opportunities for continuous improvement of processes and future resource planning to meet product development plans, all product changes will be logged in spreadsheets that will remain as the working documents moving forward for all units.
All changes must be approved by the AgriLife Digital Education professional service unit prior to being actioned.
Meetings and Reports
Quarterly Meetings and Reports
A schedule of quarterly meetings between the assigned EPS team members and the ADH/Program leaders responsible for unit projects will be followed. The purpose of these meetings is to assess the support model, product development process and progress on existing projects.
ADE will work with leadership and units to establish a regular cadence of meetings and reports. The quarterly windows this year are:
- Q1: Jan-Mar (currently occurring)
- Q2: Apr-Jun (TBD June)
- Q3: Jul-Sep (TBD Sep)
- Q4: Oct-Dec (TBD Dec)
Modifications to the 2021 ADE scope of work may be agreed upon by the AgriLife Digital Education professional service unit under one of the following conditions:
- Emerging issues (e.g., Winterkill article response to winter storm, FCH COVID-19 childcare courses requested by Governor Abbot)
- Increased ADE professional service unit capacity
- Non-completion of critical financial, quality, or timeliness requirements
Monthly Meetings and Reports
The ADE EPS team will provide a monthly product status report to the ADH/Program Leaders.
The ADE EPS team will meet monthly with the Associate Directors for Extension to provide a product development update and ensure strategic alignment for the agency.
The ADE EPS team will meet with the ADH/Program leaders to assess form submissions as needed to ensure alignment with existing projects and future project planning.