Posted September 17, 2021
Following the ADH meeting on Monday, I have received questions from multiple units regarding publications on AgriLife Learn. I want to thank those of you who reached out to my team and provided the opportunity to address questions in a supportive and proactive manner.
- Why are we charging for free publications?
- We do not charge for free publications. At this time we have not migrated the free publications that were housed on the old AgriLife Bookstore over to AgriLife Learn. We are currently working with Extension leadership, Marketing Communications, and NewCity to determine the best placement for those publications. Until further discussion is had that will allow for an informed decision to be made, my unit will not begin migrating those products.
- All prices that are currently associated with publications on AgriLife Learn were those listed on the former bookstore site, and also included in the spreadsheets that were sent to departments to provide account numbers and approval for all paid products. My unit has not and will not change any pricing without the request of unit leadership.
- How was pricing decided?
- All prices that are currently associated with publications were determined by pricing that was in Volusion (the former bookstore commerce solution) or requested by unit leadership.
- What portion goes to the authors?
- This should be addressed with Extension leadership.
- Is the charge to cover postage, or is postage added on top of this charge?
- Any shipping charge for a product would be calculated at checkout.
- For existing free publications on the website; did the authors or someone else contact AgriLife Learn to correct this?
- These are new publications that are being developed and those are being placed on AgriLife Learn at this time.
- What is the process for getting a correction?
- Each of you should have received a unit report that outlines all current products with the new product links. If there are any changes that need to be made (i.e. price, image, description, author) please denote it in the spreadsheet and send back to your EPS and they will coordinate with our ECommerce team to make the requested changes.
- Postage won’t be necessary for downloadable pdf files.
- That is correct, we do not charge postage for free downloadable pdf files.
- Where are the free pdf downloads, and how does the customer access them?
- See above under Question 1 to answer the first part of this question for older publications.
- To access free publications you would do the following:
- Click on the publication (either by utilizing the search bar, or browsing by category and navigating with the side menu)
- Click on Quick Download a the top of the screen
- Enter email and county (only required fields that allow us to create contacts in salesforce)
- A message pops up with information to check your email for the link and click ‘Finish’
- A download link is immediately generated and sent to the email entered by the customer- click on the link to download
- Preferred information for product descriptions:
- We will be working to improve overall product descriptions for courses and publications through the fall. For immediate requests on product descriptions please see question 6.
- Old links to materials are not working.
- Unit reports were distributed for all existing courses and publications that included updated links for distribution and modifications of existing websites. Digital Education does not manage web sites outside of AgriLife Learn.
Please know that we understand the need for AgriLife Learn to create an exceptional user experience and that is a top priority for my unit.