Release Date: February 17, 2022
Coupons are now available on AgriLife Learn with the newest Salesforce release! With this new feature, we have the ability to set percentage and amount discounts on products and categories. Salesforce is still working on improving the promotions and coupons functionality, so we will see our capabilities increase in the coming years.
What we CAN do with coupons:
- Set a percentage or amount discount on a specific product
- Set a percentage or amount discount on a specific category
- Set a start and end date and time for each coupon
- Set a minimum quantity before a coupon be used (e.g., must purchase 5 or more for this coupon to qualify)
- Use one coupon for multiple products
What we CAN NOT do with coupons:
- Set a maximum quantity limit (e.g., this coupon can only be used once)
- This is a feature that will be coming in a future Salesforce release, but there is no timeline surrounding this update yet.
- Set up a coupon to discount shipping
- Set up a coupon to discount an entire cart
How can a customer use a coupon?
When someone has a coupon they would like to use, they will go to AgriLife Learn, find the product they want to use the coupon for, and add it to their cart.
Once they are ready to checkout, they will go to their cart and enter the coupon code at the cart screen before proceeding with their checkout.
Once they type their coupon code into the box, they will select “APPLY.” The coupon will then be activated and they will see the discount information appear beneath the products.